Belle Grove’s 50th Anniversary
2017 marks the 50th anniversary of Belle Grove Plantation being open as historic house museum. The property was bequest to the National Trust for Historic Preservation in 1964 by Francis Welles Hunnewell of Wellesley, Massachusetts. Mr. Hunnewell had been a frequent guest when Belle Grove was operated by J. Herbert Brumback in the 1920s and purchased the property from the Brumback family in 1929. The formal dedication of Belle Grove as a museum was on August 13, 1967. This year, on Sunday, August 13 from 1-5 p.m. Belle Grove will be open free of charge for ice cream, cake, and behind-the-scenes tours. Please join us for the celebration!