Restoration Completed at Belle Grove's Historic Plantation Office and Store
Restoration was completed on the 1788 Plantation Office and Store at 283 Belle Grove Road in December 2017. This structure was one of the places that the business of the historic plantation was managed, and it is the oldest, extant building on the Belle Grove property. Restoration began in 2016 thanks to generous donations and grants. A full description of the project may be found here. The property was available for touring on Belle Grove's opening day for the 2018 season on March 17, 2018. This is the first time this building has been open to the visitors in decades. It will be used as a temporary residence for visiting researchers and presenters. It will be open on occasion for touring.