Individual, foundation, and corporate donations are critical to Belle Grove Plantation. We more than double donations by earning income from admissions, special events, facility rentals, endowment investments, memberships, and Museum Shop sales.
Belle Grove Plantation receives no funding from town, county, state, or federal government sources, except for small, occasional matching grants. Although Belle Grove is owned by the National Trust for Historic Preservation and is a partner with the National Park Service in Cedar Creek and Belle Grove National Historical Park, neither organization provides us with regular financial support.
Due to the economic impact of the Corunavirus, there are new charitable donation guidelines for 2020. Read more here.
We invite you to contact us about business and corporate sponsorship opportunities. Belle Grove Plantation is operated by Belle Grove, Inc., a non-profit, 501(c)(3) organization so donations in excess of goods received are tax deductible. Our special events attract an increasing number of visitors each year, creating an excellent promotional opportunity for corporate sponsors. Belle Grove also uses paid advertising, social media, and print materials to thank and promote our sponsors. Donations may be made online or by contacting Belle Grove at 540-869-2028 or email, or by check to made payable to Belle Grove, Inc., P.O. Box 537, Middletown, VA 22645.
- The Hite of Excellence Dinner Series
- "Of Ale & History" Beer Festival
- Garden Fest
- Belle Grove Wine Festival
- Civil War Commemoration Weekend
- Antiques Appraisal Fair
- Holiday Candlelight Tours at Belle Grove
- Internships and Junior Docents
- Educational Programs and School Tours
- Archaeology and Historic Research
- Preservation Fund (funds to preserve and maintain historic structures and the landscape)
- Collections Fund (funds to acquire and care for collections)