Join us and Belle Grove for Family Day full of hands-on activities. When you arrive, check in at the Beverley B. Shoemaker Welcome Center then go out on the property to:
* Meet the National Park's "Roving Exhibit and Archeological Laboratory" to explore how archeology is used to learn about the past.
* Get creative with a ranger and try your hand at drawing like Civil War artist James E. Taylor.
* Pick up a quill pen and wax stamper to write a letter and play with period games.
* Meet a working blacksmith in the forge.
* Take a tour of the Manor House to learn about how the Hite family and the people they enslaved lived at Belle Grove Plantation.
This event is free of charge, but house tours are $5 those 16 and older (free for 15 and younger).
Children must be accompanied by an adult at all times during this event.
A park ranger shows four children how to excavate in a dig box using trowels. NPS Photo